Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Christmas time in here // Joulunaika täällä


This week I found out that is like only a few days until Christmas. In this year the Christmas spirit haven’t been that strong than in previous years. I think it is because of moving in here and all other important things going on my mind lately. This is also the first year without an advent calendar. Think I am going to buy one for the next Christmas.


When I was in Finland I thought that the Christmas is not going to be that huge thing in here. Well I was wrong. You can see plenty of Christmas decorations and hear Christmas music in stores. There are also different events and ceremonies before Christmas.


Santa in Abu Dhabi
Christmas is coming here in Abu Dhabi.


My parents-in-law are travelling here for Christmas and I'm thinking should I make some Christmas food and decorate our home. Also I think I should just listen Christmas music and start wrapping gifts. Maybe I'll find my Christmas spirit in that way.


Christmas tree in Abu Dhabi
This was in Yas Mall. When we visited there the 12 days of festivities at Yas Mall had just begun.


Gingerbread
Had to buy these from our local market.


_________________________________________________________________________________


Tällä viikolla huomasin, että jouluaattoon on aikaa enää vain muutamia päiviä. Tänä vuonna joulufiilis on ollut hieman hukassa, luultavasti muun muassa tänne muuton vuoksi. Tämä oli myös ensimmäinen vuosi, kun minulla ei ollut joulukalenteria. Pitää kyllä ensi vuonna jälleen ostaa sellainen.


Ennen muuttoa ajattelin, että joulun vietto ei ole täällä niin suuressa roolissa, mitä se on Suomessa. Olen kuitenkin huomannut, että olin väärässä. Monissa kaupoissa on myytävänä paljon joulukoristeita ja joulutuotteita, kaupoissa soi joululaulut ja ihmisille, etenkin lapsille, järjestetään erilaisia jouluisia tapahtumia.


Appivanhemmat ovat piakkoin tulossa tänne joulunviettoon. Ajattelin, että tekisin/hankkisin jotain jouluruokia, kuuntelisin joululauluja ja koristelisin kotiamme hieman jouluisammaksi. Ehkä joulumieli alkaa löytyä sillä tavoin.

No comments:

Post a Comment