Friday, February 14, 2020

Valentine's Day in Abu Dhabi // Ystävänpäivä Abu Dhabissa


In this year a Valentine's Day was a little bit different than it has been in previous years because I have never been abroad before. 


First I  thought that it might not be such a big thing in here because couple days earlier when I was doing grocery shopping I only saw like few Valentine's Day decorations at the stores. On 13th of February I visited in two stores and I was very surprised. The salesman were busy organizing all the flowers and decorations and there were plenty of groceries and food for Valentine's Day.


I had thought that it would be nice to make the day special somehow
 so I started planning quite early what we would eat on that day. I wanted to make something healthy but still good and tasty. I found pictures of fruit plates from Internet and those were my inspiration when planning the upcoming day. Down below you can find some photos.


Here are the main ingredients that I bought.


Work in progress.


And here is the result.



Also got some flowers from my husband.


It has been a really nice day so far and I would like to wish Happy Valentine's Day for All of You!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Tänä vuonna ystävänpäivä oli hieman erilainen, sillä en ole aiemmin viettänyt sitä ulkomailla.


Aluksi ajattelin, että ystävänpäivää ei täällä oikeen vietettäisi. Ajatukseni vahvistuivat entisestään, sillä käydessäni kaupassa muutamaa päivää ennnen ystävänpäivää, siellä ei ollut juuri lainkaan mitään kyseenomaiseen päivään liittyvää tarjolla. Hämmästyin suuresti, kun 13. päivä kävin ostoksilla ja kauppojen henkilökunta oli kovaa vauhtia laittamassa kukkia ja kaikenlaista muuta ystävänpäivätuotetta esille. Oli paljon erilaisia kukkia, ruokia, leivonnaisia ja koristeita sekä lahjoja.


Halusin tehdä ystävänpäivästä hieman erilaisen päivän normaaliin arkeen verrattuna, joten aloin hyvissä ajoin miettimään, miten sen tekisin. Törmäsin netissä upeisiin kuviin hedelmälautasista ja päätin, että jotain samantyylistä haluan itsekkin laittaa tarjolle. Yllä näette muutamia kuvia valmistelusta ja itse aamupalapöydästä.


Tämän myötä toivottelen kaikille Hyvää Ystävänpäivää!

No comments:

Post a Comment